A presentation centered around the Importance of Embodied Energy in our Passive house designs and how careful material selection can achieve carbon reductions
- 1. What is the typical difference in percentages between embodied versus operational energy in a Passive house building.
- 2. List 4 advantages of Mass timber for Passive houses.
- 3. List 5 Fire tests held by ATF (Bureau for Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms) that were conducted in preparation for the Tall Wood Building Codes.
- 4. Describe the heights and fireproofing requirements for the IBC 2021 Mass Timber Building Codes.
- 5. True or False: Typical Passive house Plus built w/ mass Timber can result in 93% reduction in Global Warming Potential.
- 6. Name 3 ways of building a Passive House which incorporates Carbon Sequestration methodologies.
- 7. Yale Forestry studies indicate we are currently harvesting approximately 20%, 34% or 50% of the world’s forests annual growth potential?
Get the latest passive house news, trends, & insights delivered straight to your email inbox.