Presented by paul a. castrucci architects
Paul A. Castrucci, Architects, presents a comparison of two similarly profiled multifamily senior affordable housing projects built to the Passive House Standard. Woodlawn Senior is a four-story, 80-unit project located in the Bronx, NY, that is nearing completion. Woodlawn Senior uses traditional block and plank construction. Bethany Terrace, a 4‑story, 58-unit, affordable housing project in Brooklyn is slated to start construction in 2021 and employs modular construction.
This presentation illustrates conceptual approaches and challenges in building affordable Passive House projects and how modular construction can be considered to decrease construction time, control costs, increase quality, and decrease construction waste emissions.
- Delivering Passive House Performance in Affordable housing building.
- The key benefits of modular construction such as cost, schedule, and reduced life cycle carbon emission
- Detailing and improved control for Passive House and modular construction
- Integration of MEP for modular construction.
- Grayson Jordan, RA AIA Principal
- Asok Thirunavukarasu, Project Manage
Get the latest passive house news, trends, & insights delivered straight to your email inbox.