PHIUS has extended the deadline for abstract submissions for the 15th Annual North American Passive House Conference, which is scheduled to be held in the lovely village of Tarrytown, NY, October 13–17. You now have until April 27 to submit your papers!
Here’s what they’re looking for:
- Passive building best practices, standards, design tools, science
- Proven technology, materials, systems
- Successfully completed case studies in all climates with all construction types: Single, Multifamily (lo, mid, hi), commercial, retrofits
- Lessons learned from professionals in the field/practice
Additionally, PHIUS would like abstracts/proposals that tackle existing and the next-frontier challenges on the path to net-zero:
- States’ and cities’ climate action and zero energy code progress
- Innovation in finance and technology
- Cost optimization for design, construction and manufacturing
- Passive + zero carbon + renewable grid solutions
- Successful passive retrofit solutions including manufactured component approaches such as panel systems
- International climate-specific passive projects
- QA/QC professional file experiences in multiple building typologies
- Integrating PHIUS+ QA/QC protocol from start to finish
- Performance verification
- The relationship between high-performance/passive building and economic/workforce development
- Carbon/impact assessment
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Paper Title
- Presentation Structure, one of three: 35 min presentation, panel, workshop)
- 500-word maximum abstract
- Learning objectives (4)
- Presenter(s) bio, credentials & headshot
If accepted, you and up to one co-presenter will be eligible for a discounted conference registration. Firms are eligible to submit multiple presentations.
- Prepare your submission in an external doc, in case of web/saving issues
- Submission form scrolls independent of the rest of the page.
- What comes next: acceptance notification, paper deadlines conference requirements & responsibilities.
- Questions? Email email@example.com
For more information, see official call for abstracts here.
Get the latest passive house news, trends, & insights delivered straight to your email inbox.