We at Passive House Canadaa are committed to providing you with continuous educational options and ways to improve your knowledge and skills. We are excited to announce our newest online course.
Learn how to identify and drive down embodied carbon in buildings.
This 2‑hour, online course provides a high-level overview of the importance of embodied carbon, how to reduce greenhouse gas emissions associated with the built environment, as well as a summary of embodied carbon calculation tools available to building professionals.
Thursday, July 30, 2020 @ 8:30 AM — 10:30 AM PDT
Non-members: $ 97.00 CAD / Members: $ 87.30 CAD
- Understand the difference between Scope 1, 2 and 3 greenhouse gas emissions.
- Identify the different lifecycle stages of construction materials.
- Understand the difference between operational and embodied greenhouse gas emissions.
- Identify the primary sources of operational and embodied greenhouse gas emissions for buildings.
- Quantify the relative importance of embodied emissions per building element.
- Apply best practices for construction material sourcing to reduce embodied emissions.
- Optimize building envelope design to minimize life cycle greenhouse gas emissions.
- Select appropriate embodied carbon calculation software based on scope of analysis.
This new Passive House Canada online course on embodied carbon is geared towards all building professionals including designers, builders and policy makers. The instructor for this course is Philippe St-Jean.
Total number of learning hours: 2
- AIBC Core Learning Units: 2 Core LUs (based on attendance of live course)
- BC Housing (HPO) Training Hours: Seeking accreditation
- APEG credits: self-reported
- PHI Credit points: 2
Get the latest passive house news, trends, & insights delivered straight to your email inbox.