We at Passive House Canada are committed to providing you with continuous educational options and ways to improve your knowledge and skills. We are excited to announce our newest online course.
Crack the Codes!
320: Understanding Building Codes
This 2‑hour, online course will compare and contrast the proposed National Energy Code with the BC Energy Step Code, Passive House, and others.
With proposed changes coming nationally and provincially, it will be important for all industry professionals and builders to understand the key differences between the standards and the metrics that they reference. Each of the standards will drive us to design and build in different ways. Some of our traditional design and construction strategies may need updates or rethinking to ensure homes are passing the new code minimums. In particular, the expected outcomes of each standard must be understood to allow clients and government to make better choices.
Thursday, August 27, 2020 @9:00 AM — 11:00 AM PST
Members: $ 200.00 CAD / Non-members: $ 220.00 CAD
- Understand the difference between Scope 1, 2 and 3 greenhouse gas
- Basic understanding of how each standard is calculated.
- Understand the basic differences between Passive House, National Energy Code, BC Energy Step Code.
- Understand the basic differences in outcomes for each of the standards.
- Be able to articulate those differences to others.
This new online course on “cracking the codes” is geared towards all building professionals including designers, builders and policy makers. The instructor for this course is Mark Bernhardt.
Total number of learning hours: 2
- AIBC Core Learning Units: 2 Core LUs (based on attendance of live course)
Get the latest passive house news, trends, & insights delivered straight to your email inbox.