In this 4‑day workshop, you will gain a solid understanding of advanced Passive House construction techniques. Through hands on activities with actual Passive House assemblies, materials, and equipment, you will develop the skills necessary to construct high performance, energy efficient homes.
In-class lessons will be complemented with hands-on exercises at workstations comprising Passive House construction mock-ups. The focus will be on principles, onsite considerations, and practical experience. The knowledge you gain will fundamentally change how you approach construction. You will also be recognized as an innovative tradesperson uniquely set apart as a champion in the industry. Lastly, the course will prepare you to write the Certified Passive House Tradesperson (CPHT) exam
This course is a collaboration between Quantum Passivhaus, MIZU Passive House Consulting and Peel Passive House Consulting. Also we would like to recognize all of our sponsors for their invaluable support and generous contributions: Siga Canada, ProClima Canada (475 High Performance Building Supplies), Partel, Rothoblaas, Innotech Windows, and ENERSign Windows.
- Acquire foundational knowledge with the Passive House design and construction principles
- Become familiar with basic building physics aspects of Passive House
- Learn the roles and responsibilities of the construction teams in delivery a building to the Passive House standard
- Understand the onsite quality assurance and quality control activities integral to a successful Passive House project
- Gain practical experience working with Passive House components and materials
- Learn how a blower door test is conducted
- Passive House background
- PH principles
- Building physics
- Project process
- Building Assemblies & Junctions
- Insulation & Air Barrier Installation lab
- Windows & Doors
- Window installation lab
- PH Products
- Blower door testing lab
- CPHT exam prep
This workshop forms part of a larger trades training program that leads to the Certified Passive House Tradesperson (CPHT). A follow up workshop will be to organized in the late Spring to prepare interested participants to write the CPHT qualification exam.
Dates: September 10 — 13 2019
Cost: $1390 + HST per participant.
Venue: Minden Passive House Center
8 Peck Street
Questions? Contact: email@example.com