(Posted August 20, open until position is filled.)
passivhausMAINE is looking for a part time communications coordinator!
This person will work in close partnership with the Executive Director to build phME’s brand and broadcast our mission, expand our membership, enhance attendance at all phME events. Hourly wage $15-$30/hr depending on experience. Up to 10 hours per week.
To apply, send your cover letter, which might include your feelings about building science or housing and climate justice, and a resume to: email@example.com. Subject: Communications Coordinator
- Planning and implementing outreach and promotional strategy for phME events.
- Creating content for both print and web including website, blog, newsletter and press releases
- Supporting in the drafting of grant proposals and reports
- Managing phME’s social media and online presence, including website
- Assessing efficacy of communication strategies and suggesting adjustments
Advantageous Previous Experience:
- Clear communication
- Self starting with a knack for anticipating next steps, comfort with independent work- we’re all virtual now!
- 2–3 years in a marketing or communications position
- Compelling content development for social media: Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Effective, precise and engaging writing and coupled with razor sharp editing skills
- Solid understanding of marketing technique and strategy
- Experience working with online platforms of various types including: Squarespace, Google Suite, Slack, WhatsApp, HeySummit, Eventbrite, and/or membership platforms such as Membershipworks
- Basic Video production for event recordings, editing and posting to YouTube, embedding in website
- Graphic eye and digital capabilities for promotional pieces (Photoshop, inDesign)
- Digital file organization
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm for, and familiarity with, lowest carbon building design and construction an excellent added bonus but not required
Get the latest passive house news, trends, & insights delivered straight to your email inbox.