Friday, November 15, 2019
Repeats Nov 15, 2019
Advanced construction training in high-performance strategies for air tightness, moisture control, and indoor air quality.
Become a Certified Passive House Tradesperson (CPHT), and learn international best practices for moisture control, air sealing, thermal bridging, healthy indoor air, durability, resiliency, and affordability of high-performance buildings.
PLEASE NOTE - the course will be held over two Fri/Sat sessions at Laney College in Oakland, California:
- Fri., Nov. 8th, 2019, 8:30am-5pm - coursework
- Sat., Nov. 9th, 2019, 8:30am-5pm - coursework
- Fri., Nov. 15th, 2019, 8:30am-5pm - coursework
- Sat., Nov. 16th, 2019, 8:30am checkin, 9am exam begins
Coursework topics include:
- Intro to Passive standards
- Cost Effectiveness in North America
- Thermal Insulation & Thermal Bridges
- High Performance Doors & Windows
- Air Tightness & Moisture Management
- Mechanical Ventilation & Heat Recovery
- Efficient Heating + Cooling & Domestic Hot Water
- Quality Assurance on Site
- Existing Buildings and Energy Retrofits
$1295 Early Bird pricing (a $100 discount) available until midnight September 30, 2019.