In this 16 hour course, you will model thermal bridges using Flixo and understand the impact of design details on the energy performance of High-Performance Buildings/ Passive House Buildings. We cover the concepts and protocols for thermal bridge modeling. Then, you will model several common thermal bridges using Flixo with guidance.
- Model thermal bridges.
- Types of thermal Bridges.
- Understand the impact of design details on energy performance of High-performance buildings / Passive House.
- Learn about concepts and protocol for thermal bridge modeling.
- Overview of modeling and psi value calculation process
- Standard boundary conditions
- Material properties
- Geometry requirements
- Reference points
- Calculation and use of equivalent U-values within models
- Entering psi-values in WUFI Passive and PHPP
Course Instructor: Chris Petit, CPHD, CPHT, PHI-accredited Certifier & Trainer