Located on the shores of the Squamish River, British Columbia, this single family Passive House opens its main living area to the foothills of Mt Lapworth to the West, the iconic Stawamus Chief to the South and the imposing silhouette of Mt. Garibaldi to the East.
The beautiful coastal-alpine style of the building is the result of its future resident’s desire for a light ecological footprint home and Blue Water Concepts’ philosophy of sustainable design that respects the land, its people, and the environment.
This light ecological footprint was made possible by the adoption, early in the design process, of all fundamental Passive House principles, including optimizing floor layout for optimum natural lighting and taking advantage of predominant winds conditions for efficient natural cross-ventilation.
Built using traditional materials and construction techniques, the building certified to Passive House Classic in 2020.
- Architecture: Blue Water Concepts
- Construction: Blue Water Concepts
- Structural Engineering: WHM Structural Engineers
- Passive House Consulting: MIZU Passive House Consulting
- Passive House Certification: PEEL Passive House Consulting
- Pictures: Kristen McGaughey Photography