Position: Senior Passive House Consultant
Type: Full Time Position
This is a unique opportunity to join a crack team of Passive House experts delivering some of the most advanced Passive House projects in North America. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated strong commitment to the Passive House industry and a track record of delivering certified Passive House projects. This can be as a Passive House Designer, Consultant, and/or Certifier.
You will be both empowered and accountable for navigating projects to successfully obtain Passive House certification, proactively engaging with clients and project team members to develop optimized solutions and resolve challenging issues. You will work directly with manufacturers to enhance their current product line and develop the next generation of products to meet the growing market for Passive House certified components. You will engage in continual learning, conducting research to support the work of you and your team members. You will work remotely and independently with minimal supervision while engaging with a collaborative and supportive team. You will support the company’s evolution in response to changing market needs and conditions. You will have the opportunity to deliver foundational and advanced Passive House training.
- Manage consulting and/or certification projects from start to completion
- Provide Passive House Design Assistance for architects, engineers, and designers to develop optimized solutions
- Complete PHPP and thermal bridge modeling
- Provide support for training delivery and other tasks as required by the business - Support development and refinement of processes, tools, and knowledge to streamline our work
- Undertake research on Passive House topics relevant to our work
- Support Business Development activities
- Participate in outreach activities e.g. conference presentations, lunch and learns - Support Passive House industry initiatives
Candidates will display
- Undergraduate degree required, Master’s preferred. Engineering background preferred, but not required
- Valid Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant (CPHD/C) designation and/or Accredited Passive House Building Certifier designation from the Passive House Institute
- 3+ years of ongoing experience delivering certified Passive House projects for clients. Candidates must demonstrate that they have been the CPHD/C of record for the projects successfully achieving Passive House certification.
- Project management from start to completion of certified Passive House projects. - Experienced thermal bridge modeller
- Solid understanding of building science, envelope detailing, and Passive House mechanical systems design.
- Ability to optimize architectural, envelope and mechanical designs and provide creative solutions
- Strong research, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to summarize key information and effectively communicate it (verbally and in writing) to technical and non-technical audiences
- Genuine passion for seeing widespread adoption of Passive House buildings - Experience and interest in delivering Passive House training preferred, but not required
- 40 hours per week
- Semi-flexible work schedule
- Working from home long-term
- International candidates are encouraged to apply.
July or August 2021 (negotiable)
Peel Passive House Consulting is a client-focused firm fully dedicated to providing Passive House services to the industry. We empower our clients to build towards a more sustainable future by delivering innovative solutions for the design and construction of energy-efficient, high performance buildings that meet today’s needs and anticipate tomorrow’s challenges. Our team approaches their mission with passion, integrity, and competence. With over 40 years of combined experience in Passive House consulting and certification, we impart to Client projects the expertise needed to succeed.
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] in Word or PDF format.