Michael and Michelle were very involved with the design of their Passive House. They wanted a house that was beautiful, but also very energy efficient. Their beautiful bungalow uses less energy than it makes (net positive). “We can heat and cool the house with less than you’d use for running a hairdryer!”, says Michael. Using Passive House principles they were able to build a house that was efficient with space, efficient with energy, and would allow them to pass a positive sustainability message onto the next generation. See a tour of their beautifully quiet and comfortable Passive House!
Architect: Bronwyn Barry
Builder: One Sky Homes
- Standing Seam Metal Roofing — Custom Bilt Metals
- Barnlight Electric gooseneck LED fixtures on interior
- Real Carriage Door sliding hardware
- Intus windows & doors (unfortunately no longer selling to the residential market)
- Ylighting (online store that most of the lighting is from)
- Kitchen cabinets from KnocKnock
- Seiho vent grills
- D’mand hot water re-circ
- Zehnder HRV
- Stiebel Eltron heat pump hot water heater
- H2O water filtration.
- Rockwool mineral wool exterior rigid insulation
- Henry Blu-skin air barrier
- Intus windows
- Sunpower PV array
- Siemens EV charger
- Gray water plumbing
- Cool roof by Custom Bilt Metal roofing.
- Exterior Solar-powered blinds by European Rolling Shutters
Check out Rise’s YouTube Channel for more videos!
Get the latest passive house news, trends, & insights delivered straight to your email inbox.